ROSEBURG, Ore. -- The man killed in an early-morning stabbing was identified as Joseph William Garnett, according to documents filed with the Douglas County court.
Investigators say Garnett was stabbed in the left side of his neck while he was sitting in the driver's seat of a car parked at the Rodeway Inn, 511 SE Stephens St., around 12:20 Monday morning. He was taken to Mercy Medical but died from a loss of blood.
A witness who was seated in the car next to Garnett told police the killer was Billy Conner-Ferguson, according to the documents. Conner-Ferguson was located around 8:30 a.m. Monday in the 300 block of Ella Street, not far from the murder scene.
Police say Conner-Ferguson confessed to killing Garnett.
- UPDATE: Murder victim identified in Roseburg stabbing
- Murder victim identified
- Roseburg updating major intersection
- Pedestrian killed in crash near Roseburg identified
- Major delay in Roseburg teen's murder trial
- Willamette River drowning victim identified
- Victims identified in Leaburg deaths
- UPDATE: 4 Victims in Deadly Harrisburg Plane Crash Identified
- Roseburg man arrested for allegedly stabbing, killing man
- Man hospitalized after stabbing at Roseburg homeless camp