EUGENE, Ore. -- A new program in Eugene will help partner local artists with businesses, to create some new artwork.
City of Eugene Cultural Services is launching the "Urban Canvas" program. Organizers said local artists will get to paint murals on local businesses walls.
They said it will help showcase the talents of local artists and give businesses the chance to be involved with the arts.
"We have a really excellent opportunity to curate Eugene to make it a thriving sector of arts and culture, and just to create beauty everywhere you go," said Lena Freeman, project coordinator.
Freeman said they are looking for business owners and artists now to take part in the program.
For more information on how to get involved click HERE.
- Mural project aims to bring together artists, businesses
- Eugene mural project bringing the world together
- South Eugene brings back The Laramie Project
- Prefontaine Classic brings big business to Eugene
- Eugene mural project a reminder to return clean water to local rivers
- Murals popping up around downtown Eugene
- New mural coming to Frohnmayer Footbridge
- Women's NCAA Basketball Tournament brings in big business
- Easter holiday brings big business for Eugene bakery
- Oregon looks to boost tourism with small-town murals