PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- A Multnomah County sheriff's deputy has been indicted on allegations that he sexually abused a woman.
Dwight Richey faces nine charges including second-degree sexual abuse, third-degree sexual abuse and harassment.
The grand jury indictment issued Wednesday says the attack happened at a private home on May 11, 2017, while he was off duty.
The Oregonian/OregonLive reports Richey is a longtime sheriff's deputy. Recently Richey had been assigned in a rotation to the Multnomah County jail system and the Multnomah County Courthouse, where he transferred inmates to and from courtrooms.
Richey was taken into custody Thursday. It wasn't known if he had obtained a lawyer.
The sheriff's office says he was placed on paid leave in July 2017 and will now be on unpaid leave while the case proceeds.
- Multnomah County deputy accused of sexually abusing woman
- Former Jefferson County deputy accused of sexual abuse
- Measles case confirmed in Multnomah County
- Multnomah Falls Lodge to reopen this week
- Multnomah County sues Trump administration over sex ed funding
- Officials confirm 3 more measles cases in Multnomah County
- Taekwondo instructor accused of sexually abusing children
- Classroom volunteer accused of sexually abusing kindergartner
- Winston man accused of child sexual abuse
- Douglas County man accused of rape, sexual abuse of minor