ASHLAND, Ore. (AP) - Authorities have identified a bicyclist found dead on a trail near Ashland, Oregon.
READ MORE: Mountain biker found dead on Ashland, Oregon, trail
The Jackson County Sheriff's Office says 56-year-old John Thomas Jr. suffered significant head trauma after losing control of his mountain bike and crashing Monday. He had been wearing a helmet.
The sheriff's office described Thomas as an experienced cyclist who was familiar with the trail often used by mountain bikers.
- Mountain biker who died in Oregon crash suffered head trauma
- Mountain biker found dead on Ashland, Oregon, trail
- Oregon receivers suffer injuries
- Crash sends biker to the hospital in Veneta
- Oregon silverspot back on Saddle Mountain
- Wolf pups born in Oregon's Cascade Mountains
- Schools add trauma kits to classrooms for student safety
- Firefighters healing from emotional trauma after Springfield shooting
- Humane Society outraged bobcat killed by 'blunt-force trauma'
- Pedestrian hit in crash, suffered life-threatening injuries