CENTRAL POINT, Ore. (AP) - Authorities say a mountain biker was found dead along an Ashland trail, and a medical examiner will try to determine if he died from the crash impact or some other reason.
The Jackson County Sheriff's Office said a hiker found the body and the bicycle Monday on a trail often used for mountain biking.
Sheriff's Sgt. Julie Denney told the Mail Tribune she doesn't know if the 56-year-old man was an experienced trail rider.
Police have notified his wife but did not release his name.
- Mountain biker found dead on Ashland, Oregon, trail
- Mountain biker who died in Oregon crash suffered head trauma
- Inmate found dead in Oregon State Penitentiary
- Oregon silverspot back on Saddle Mountain
- Wolf pups born in Oregon's Cascade Mountains
- Couple found dead at Oregon home; no outstanding suspects
- University of Oregon identifies student found dead at Shasta Lake
- Police identify woman found dead on Oregon Coast
- Man found dead at Oregon Zoo construction site
- Police: Dead geese, ducks found in bags near Oregon coast