EUGENE, Ore. -- A business in Eugene wants to make sure their products don’t end up in the landfill, so they’re hosting a recycling event all week long.
You can turn in clean plastic bags, bottles, jars and lids to Mountain Rose Herbs through Sunday, Nov. 18.
They’ll also take plastic pumps and misters, essential oil tops and spice jar tops.
“This is the second time we’ve done it,” marketing strategist Kiley Gwynn said. “It worked out really well the first time, and the second time is going very smoothly for us as well, so we are going to gauge how we might be able to do this permanently in the future.”
You can drop items off at the store at 152 West 5th Ave. They’ll turn them into pellets to create plastic lumber, which can be used to make picnic tables and benches.
- Mountain Rose Herbs hosting recycling event in Eugene
- Mountain Rose Herbs plans Take Back Recycling event in Eugene
- Eugene expands list of non-recyclable items
- Eugene recycling center collecting holiday light donations
- Eugene nonprofit hosts event to showcase rescue horses
- KindTree hosts "Autism Rocks" event
- Eugene Mission hosts Christmas meals
- Eugene Emeralds host Fireworks Night
- NextStep Recycling cutting back its hours in Eugene
- Eugene art museum hopes to inspire families to recycle