BEND, Ore. (AP) -- A Deschutes County grand jury has indicted an Oregon woman on a charge of aggravated murder in the death of her severely disabled 7-year-old son.
Deschutes County District Attorney Josh Hummel says Tashina Aleine Jordan was arrested Tuesday at a Bend hospital and taken to jail.
Police have previously said the 28-year-old mother tried to take her own life after shooting Mason Jordan on Aug. 20.
She was found unconscious in their home by a family member and had been receiving treatment at St. Charles Hospital.
Jordan has not entered a plea. She has her first court hearing Wednesday.
Jordan was the primary caretaker of her son, who suffered brain bleeds as an infant and lapsed into a coma before reawakening.
He was unable to feed, bathe or dress himself and used a wheelchair.
- Mother indicted for murder in shooting death of disabled son
- Son charged with mother's murder claims insanity
- Mother faces manslaughter, neglect charges after son's death
- DA: Bend mom who shot disabled son tried overdose
- Teen murder suspect wants indictment thrown out
- Mother accused of giving son cocaine
- Man found guilty of murdering Springfield mother
- Florence man accused of murdering mother
- Pittsburgh shooting suspect indicted on 44 charges -- 32 of which are punishable by death
- State seeks $11K from mother whose son died in prison shooting