LA PINE, Ore. (AP) - A mother in La Pine has been cited for child neglect after her 2-year-old son ate homemade marijuana-infused candy police say she left unattended.
Multiple news outlets report 27-year-old Katelynn Joy on Wednesday allegedly discovered a partially eaten candy while at home but waited several hours before calling authorities.
The Deschutes County Sheriff's Office says the symptoms of the apparent THC overdose worsened during that time.
The sheriff's office says deputies and paramedics responded to the home and found the child in apparent distress. The sheriff's office says the overdose seemed life threatening by the time he was taken to a Bend hospital.
Authorities say he since has been released from the hospital and is under Department of Human Services supervision. Joy was also cited for endangering the welfare of a minor.
- Mother cited after toddler overdoses on pot candy
- Mother sentenced after 2-year-old son ate Xanax-laced candy
- Mother warns about drugs disguised as candy after near tragedy
- Portland mother demands answers after toddler burned at airport
- Pet of the Week: Candy
- Mapleton woman cited again for animal neglect
- Oregon public records advocate quits, citing interference
- Cottage Grove teenagers cited in hazing incident
- SPECIAL REPORT: Pets on Pot
- Pot buffer zone moves forward