ROSEBURG, Ore. -- The Outpost Mobile Food Pantry is a new traveling food pantry in Douglas County that delivers food to families in need on a weekly basis.
Currently, the mobile food pantry is visiting Camas Valley, Days Creek and Elkton in Douglas County.
In its first few weeks, nearly 200 people have received food assistance, with each person receiving over 10 pounds of produce.
Outpost Mobile Food Pantry is a product of CommonSpirit Health, Mercy Foundation and the UCAN Food Bank.
The goal is to provide residents with more access to fruits and vegetables.
If you're interested in volunteering to help with stocking shelves, call 541-492-3522.
- Mobile food pantry fighting hunger in Douglas County
- Mercy Foundation, UCAN to start mobile food pantry
- Central Oregon food pantry closing
- FISH Food Pantry will hold a food drive this Saturday
- Springfield church celebrates grand re-opening of food pantry
- Stamp out hunger food drive kicks off Saturday
- Douglas County ends recycling services
- Gunfire exchanged in Douglas County
- A local couple received food from a food pantry 10 years past expiration
- Naloxone addresses the Douglas County opioid epidemic