FLORENCE, Ore. -- A man who went missing over the weekend while camping with his family has been found dead, the Lane County Sheriff's Office said.
Authorities were looking for Jeremy Golden, 38, who had last been seen on Saturday at about 6 p.m. He was camping at Honeyman State Park.
The sheriff's office said Golden was found dead Wednesday afternoon south of Florence.
The sheriff's office and Lane County Medical Examiner's Office are investigating.
"Our thoughts are with Jeremy's family and friends as they grieve," Sgt. Carrie Carver said.
The Siuslaw Valley Fire Department assembled a ground team Monday morning and searched several miles of trails where Golden's family suspected he may have gone, but they didn't find any indication Jeremy used the trails.
- Missing camper found dead near Florence
- Missing Florence man found dead
- Missing Winston man found dead
- Youth campers making miniature worlds
- Crews search for missing camper on the coast
- Missing man found dead in Lane County
- Police: Missing man found dead on shoreline
- Missing firefighter found dead near Riddle
- Missing canoeist found dead in Willamette River
- Corvallis church allowing homeless campers on property