EUGENE, Ore. -- Community members have created a foundation to honor Eugene man Michael Bryson, who has been missing since August.
The Michael Bryson Foundation will provide assistance to those with issues caused by mental health and substance abuse disorders through educational resources.
A website has been created for those who want help as well as links to help continue the search for answers about Bryson's disappearance.
Bryson was last seen on Aug. 5 after camping with a group of friends at a roadside campground located off Brice Creek Road, just west of Champion Creek Road in south Lane County. He reportedly wandered away from his friends at the campground and has not been seen since.
- AUG. 5: Michael Bryson is last seen at the campground.
- AUG. 10: Search efforts continue to grow to find Bryson, and a reward is offered.
- AUG. 19: Bryson's family holds a vigil at the Harrisburg Riverfront Park.
- OCT. 12: A new podcast about Bryson's disappearance draws thousands of listeners.
- NOV. 30: Community members create a foundation to honor Bryson.