LANE COUNTY, Ore. -- In honor of Memorial Day, cemeteries across Lane County will be hosting ceremonies and memorial services to honor fallen soldiers.
Some will feature key note speakers, while others will have tributes from local boy scout troops and even religious services.
Jeff Musgrove with Musgrove Mortuaries and Cemeteries says the feeling of being able to pay respects to men and women who have given so much is one of his greatest honors.
However, he says this is all in service to those soldiers and their families.
"(We love) to give tribute and honor to our fallen men and women who gave their lives for our freedom and also for those surviving members of ther military and the families," said Musgrove.
The Musgrove family is holding four ceremonies on Memorial Day to honor those who have served.
You can find a schedule of their events planned here.
All over the county, memorials and ceremonies have been planned to honor and pay tribute to those who have served this country and have given their lives to do so.
A list of some of those celebrations can be found on the Eugene Cascade Coast website.
- Cemeteries to hold Memorial Day ceremonies, services
- Albany holds annual 9/11 memorial service
- Historic cemetery vandalized again
- Events planned for Memorial Day
- Oregon football holds Pro Day
- Memorial Day gas prices remain stubbornly high
- Douglas County Law Enforcement Agencies hold Peace Officer Memorial
- Memorial Day marks start of '100 Deadliest Days' on roadways
- Skilled to Work: Lane Education Service District holding open house
- LBCC holds annual CTE signing day