MCKENZIE BRIDGE, Ore. -- The two victims in last week's plane crash near the McKenzie Bridge airport have been identified.
The Lane County Sheriff's Office said Steven Pasiack, 23, and Jake Kelley, 22, both of Lebanon, died in the crash.
The sheriff's office also confirmed that Pasiack was the pilot and Kelly was the passenger when their plane went down shortly after 7 p.m in the woods on Aug. 27. The plane was a Cessna 172 registered to an owner in Arizona. Officials did not confirm if there was a relationship between the owner and Pasiack.
Witnesses say they saw the plane take off from the airfield and then crash in the woods shortly after.
The Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board are still investigating exactly what caused the crash.
- McKenzie Bridge plane crash victims identified
- Community remembers victims of McKenzie Bridge plane crash
- Fatal plane crash near McKenzie Bridge under investigation
- Two confirmed dead in plane crash near McKenzie Bridge
- NTSB report released in fatal McKenzie Bridge plane crash
- UPDATE: 4 Victims in Deadly Harrisburg Plane Crash Identified
- Several injured in crash on McKenzie Highway
- Man found guilty of murder and arson in McKenzie Bridge
- Team Rubicon helping McKenzie Bridge recover after winter storm
- Deerhorn bridge project could close boat ramp on McKenzie River