EUGENE, Ore. -- Marines were collecting toys at Eugene's Comic Con this weekend, to help bring some holiday cheer to local children.
They had a Toys for Tots booth set up at the Lane Events Center. They're collecting toys for all ages and say books and stuffed animals are popular gifts donated.
These toys will be distributed before Christmas to less-fortunate families in Lane County.
"This weekend, being at Comic Con, has been really good. Seeing all of the people walk in and out, especially during Veterans Day weekend, has been even better. in my opinion. It's been a blessing that we can actually be out in the community and see people," said Staff Sgt. Aaron Frey, Marine Corps.
He said they're hoping to have all the toys collected by December 9th.
They have donation sites at several stores throughout town, including Shopko and Toys R Us.
- Marines collect toys for less fortunate at Eugene Comic Con
- U.S. Marine Corps Band performs in Eugene
- Eugene recycling center collecting holiday light donations
- Eugene police help nonprofit collect princess attire
- Leaf collection, delivery to continue through January in Eugene
- Construction near Eugene Toy & Hobby hurting sales, co-owner says
- Stan Lee, Marvel Comics visionary, dead at 95
- Local woman uses Black Friday deals to help less fortunate
- Oregon Marine Board seeks higher boat fees
- Toys For Tots to give toys to families in need