EUGENE, Ore -- The March for Our Lives is on Saturday, March 24. This event is organized by students who want to address gun violence in schools.
The march will take place in cities across the nation, including in Washington, D.C. and in western Oregon. Organizers say the purpose of the event is to demand a comprehensive and effective bill be brought immediately before Congress.
The motivation and organization of this march comes after a gunman shot and killed 17 students at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida.
In Eugene, participants will gather at 11 a.m. at the federal courthouse and begin marching at noon. It will take the same route as the Women's March.
In Corvallis, participants will gather at 10 a.m. to march through the downtown area.
- 'March for Our Lives' events in Western Oregon
- Nationwide firefighter shortage affects Western Oregon
- Western Oregon arts programs receive grant funding
- School threats trending up in western Oregon
- Air stagnation advisory issued for Western Oregon
- Power outages reported across Western Oregon
- Western Oregon strike teams head back home from Santa Rosa
- Wineries in western Oregon affected by smoke taint
- In The Garden: Tropical plants can thrive in western Oregon
- 360,000 young salmon die at western Oregon fish hatchery