UPDATE: The body of a canoeist who went missing two weeks ago has been recovered in the Willamette River.
The Lane County Sheriff’s Office said Donald Girardi, 73, took his canoe out near the Hayden Bridge Boat Ramp on the McKenzie River in Springfield when he went missing on May 28.
Deputies found his overturned canoe and search and rescue teams looked for him for several days but could not find him.
On Sunday afternoon, a boater found Girardi’s body about a mile upriver from the Marshall Island Boat Ramp near Junction City.
Deputies said they are investigating his death and there is no indication of foul play.
LANE COUNTY, Ore. -- A man's body was found in the Willamette River on Sunday.
Carrie Carver, a spokesperson for the Lane County Sheriff's Office, said a boater spotted the body near the Marshall Island boat ramp just after 3 p.m.
Lane County Search and Rescue divers helped recover the man's body.
As of Sunday night, the man had not been identified.
- UPDATE: Body found in Willamette identified as missing canoeist
- Missing canoeist found dead in Willamette River
- Deputies looking for missing canoeist on Willamette River
- Body of missing Brownsville woman found in Willamette River
- Body found along Willamette River in Eugene
- Water teams search for missing canoeist in McKenzie River
- Willamette River drowning victim identified
- Deputies seek to identify body found in Willamette River in Albany
- Body found in submerged vehicle in Willamette River
- Police identify man found dead along Willamette River in Eugene