EUGENE, Ore. -- A man was transported to the hospital after police found him walking around south Eugene with an ax.
Police were called out to the 100 block of east 25th Avenue after reports of an armed man.
Officers found the suspect holding an ax near First Place Family Shelter.
He was taken into custody on a non-criminal hold and was taken to the hospital.
South Eugene High School and Roosevelt Middle School were temporarily placed on a lockout. UO police also sent an alert, warning students to avoid the area.
Traffic in the area was rerouted.
- Man with ax yields heavy police presence in south Eugene
- Blitzing the Preseason: South Eugene Axes
- Two-A-Days: South Eugene Axe
- Heavy police presence being reported in Creswell
- Heavy police presence at North Medford High after school threat
- Eugene police plan extra presence at conservative rally on Saturday
- Deputies: Woman broke van window, threatened man with ax
- Corvallis man accused of threatening to kill neighbor with ax
- Heavy rain causes minor flooding in Eugene
- New axe-throwing lounge opens in Springfield