VANCOUVER, Wash. (AP) - A man has been sentenced to 45 years in prison for killing his girlfriend's 3-year-old son in southwestern Washington.
The Columbian reports Clark County Superior Court Judge Robert Lewis sentenced 41-year-old Ricardo Gutierrez Jr. on Tuesday.
Lewis found Gutierrez guilty earlier this month of first-degree murder in the beating death of Jose "Pepe" Castillo-Cisneros.
The judge also found Gutierrez guilty of assault for injuries he inflicted on Pepe's mother, Yadira Cisneros, who tried to stop the attack May 23, 2016, at their Battle Ground home.
Court records say Gutierrez beat and stabbed Jose "Pepe" Castillo-Cisneros to death after the boy cried over a movie he didn't want to watch. The child had autism, according to his family.
Gutierrez was Cisneros' live-in boyfriend.
- Man to serve 45 years for killing 3-year-old boy
- Deputy shoots man while serving arrest warrant
- Cyntoia Brown is granted clemency after serving 15 years in prison for killing man who bought her for sex
- FBI, divers, state officials search for 3-year-old boy who disappeared from his grandmother's backyard
- A 3-year-old boy repeatedly entered the wrong password, locked up his dad's iPad until 2067
- Police seek Oregon man in case of missing mother and 3-year-old
- Man charged with murder in disappearance of Salem woman, 3-year-old
- Missing mother, 3-year-old rescued at Silver Falls State Park
- Albany man killed in crash
- Lebanon man killed in crash