ROSEBURG, Ore -- A man survives being hit by a train Monday after walking on train tracks.
The man and another individual were walking down the tracks behind Pinewood Mobile Park, on 5000 NE Stephens St., were hit by a train around 12:30 pm. Monday.
According to Douglas County Fire District No. 2, they tried to get out of the way of the train.
The train stopped fairly quickly, but the male was clipped by the train and knocked down.
The male was able to get himself to a transient camp not far from the tracks and call for help.
Then he was taken to the hospital to be treated for his injuries.
- Man survives being hit by train in Roseburg
- Five survive a duplex fire in Roseburg
- Roseburg Fire trains at vacant Safeway building
- Roseburg PD investigates fatal hit and run
- Horse hit by vehicle in Roseburg
- Roseburg School District hit with ransomware attack
- Teen hit by car in Roseburg
- Roseburg man arrested after standoff
- Roseburg VA director resigns
- Roseburg police investigate shooting