UPDATE: A spokesperson with Eugene Springfield Fire said a man and two small dogs were killed in the fire.
She said the cause of the fire was most likely smoking material trapped between the bed mattress and the wall.
SPRINGFIELD, Ore. – Crews responded to a fire at the Motel 6 on International Court around 5 p.m. Friday.
Officials said when crews from Eugene Springfield Fire arrived, they found a man in one of the rooms who suffered a cardiac arrest. They said the room he was found in was full of smoke.
According to fire crews, the fire started in one room and was self-contained. Crews then extinguished the remaining flames.
Officials said the damage to the hotel was minor and was mainly caused by smoke.
The man was taken to Riverbend Hospital.
- UPDATE: Man and two dogs killed in motel fire
- UPDATE: Second fire at Creswell motel linked to first fire
- Woman sentenced for starting Newport motel fire
- Creswell motel catches fire; 10 people evacuated
- Man who left dead dogs in Oregon motel sentenced to prison
- Apartment fire displaces residents, kills dog
- Creswell motel owners accused of arson in Super 8 fires
- Two arrested for allegedly robbing man in motel
- Man who strangled woman in Portland motel gets 15 years
- Man accused of online sexual corruption arrested at Sutherlin motel