PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - Authorities said an Oregon man has been sentenced for stealing $700 of his daughter's Girl Scout cookie money, using it to pay for an erotic massage and then staging a home invasion to cover up the theft.
The Oregonian/OregonLive reports Brian Couture of Forest Grove was sentenced Monday to 18 months of probation, 80 hours of community service and restitution as part of a plea deal.
According to the Washington County District Attorney's Office Couture pleaded guilty to falsely reporting a home invasion robbery.
The District Attorney's office said in March Couture told authorities someone had broken into his home, assaulted him, damaged his laptop and stole the cookie money.
When investigators found inconsistencies in his story, Couture eventually said he stole the money to pay for the massage and then faked the robbery.
- Forest Grove man stole daughter's cookie money to pay for erotic massage
- Cottage Grove community raises money after devastating house fire
- Cottage Grove Police Search for Missing Man
- Deputies shoot and kill Cottage Grove man
- Bend massage therapist returned to work after abuse reports
- Person rescued after being trapped under a tree in Forest Grove
- Police: Man stole tools, barricaded himself in Lebanon
- Cottage Grove armory sparks controversy
- Cottage Grove carousel wins award
- Missing Cottage Grove woman located