HILLSBORO, Ore. -- Police have released the name of a man shot and killed by a Hillsboro officer on Monday in their West Precinct parking lot.
The Hillsboro Police Department said on Thursday that Officer Bobby Voth fatally shot 39-year-old Jason Livengood of Camas.
Police say officers were in the parking lot investigating suspicious behavior between two men who were standing outside their cars in the parking lot just after 6 p.m. on Monday.
They tell KEZI 9 News that one of the drivers was armed with a handgun and refused to drop it during the encounter and then shots were fired.
We're told the other driver was not detained or arrested, and police are still trying to determine his involvement and why both of them came to the parking lot.
- Man shot, killed by Hillsboro police in parking lot identified
- Hillsboro police dog dies after traffic wreck
- Oregon football cancels Hillsboro practice
- Hillsboro homeowner fires warning shot at burglar during second intrusion
- Police identify female victim in parking lot death
- Authorities investigating mass bird death in Hillsboro
- Man convicted of attacking a woman at knifepoint in Hillsboro
- Officers shoot and kill man in Springfield parking lot
- Police identify man killed in crash
- Man shot by police in Portland stabbing identified