ALBANY, Ore. -- On Wednesday, Albany Police got a call about about a man being shot at an apartment in the 2100 block of SE Geary Street in Albany. When police arrived, they found the victim with a gunshot wound to the face and the suspect.
Albany Police say the victim and suspect are roommates and they believe an argument started before shots were fired. Albany Police say 24-year old Christopher Samuel Bailey was taken to a local area hospital and 21-year old Garret Stephen Byrnes was arrested. Eric Evans lives across the hall and said he is in disbelief this happened so close to his home.
"It's setting in now," Evans said. "It was like 'you were just sitting across from something where a gun shot happened.'"
Amy Stephens is another neighbor and she said she saw the police arrest the suspect.
"When were were walking up we saw all the cops and fire trucks," Stephens said. "When we walked up towards the stairs and we saw them tackle the guy."
Albany Police Detectives are helping in the investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Albany Police Department, 541-917-7680.
- Man accused of shooting roommate in the face
- Bend man accused of attacking sleeping roommate with hammer
- Man upset over bills accused of trying to suffocate roommate
- Man accused of throwing hatchet at roommate in Corvallis
- Man facing new charges in Eugene shooting
- Oregon man accused of slashing another man in face, neck
- Man faces sex abuse charges, accused of abusing 2 teens
- Paramedic accused of rape facing more charges
- Man accused of attempted murder in Prineville shooting
- Man accused of shooting pellet gun in downtown Eugene