STREAMING NOW: Watch Now

Man safe after house catches fire in Eugene

Fire officials said the fire started on the outside of the house and they are working to identify the cause.

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 4:30 PM
Updated: Jul 8, 2019 5:02 PM

EUGENE, Ore. -- A man is safe after a house caught fire in the 3500 block of High Street in Eugene Monday afternoon.

When the man discovered the fire, he got out and shouted for help. Neighbors called 911 around 3 p.m.

Fire officials said the fire started on the outside of the house and they are working to identify the cause. They said the home was badly damaged by the flames and can’t be lived in.

During the incident, the man's dog went missing but has since been found and is safe.

Eugene
Partly Cloudy
39° wxIcon
Hi: 44° Lo: 39°
Feels Like: 39°
Corvallis
Partly Cloudy
39° wxIcon
Hi: 42° Lo: 37°
Feels Like: 39°
Roseburg
Clear
41° wxIcon
Hi: 51° Lo: 38°
Feels Like: 41°
North Bend
Clear
51° wxIcon
Hi: 60° Lo: 37°
Feels Like: 51°
KEZI Radar
KEZI Temperatures
KEZI Planner

LATEST FORECAST

Community Events