SPRINGFIELD, Ore. – A man will spend 12 years in prison for the death of a 71-year-old Springfield man.
Edward Hughes, 51, pleaded guilty to manslaughter in the death of Leonard Johnson. He was initially charged with murder.
Johnson’s body was found inside his apartment in the 400 block of Mill Street on Labor Day weekend in 2015.
Police arrested Hughes in December 2017.
- Man pleads guilty to manslaughter of Springfield man
- Woman pleads guilty to manslaughter
- 74-year-old woman pleads guilty to manslaughter
- Springfield man charged with manslaughter in infant's death
- Springfield man pleads guilty to shipping marijuana out of state
- Springfield man pleads guilty to shipping marijuana inside Styrofoam rocks
- Man found guilty of murdering Springfield mother
- Missing Springfield man found
- Tangent man facing manslaughter, assault charges
- Man pleads not guilty to murder of Eugene man