CRESWELL, Ore. -- A man was killed by a falling tree near the 28700 block of Hamm Road just west of Creswell.
The Lane County Sheriff’s Office said Michael Coop, 59, of Creswell was driving a 2011 Dodge 2500 when a tree fell onto the road while he was driving. Coop was pronounced dead at the scene.
The initial investigation found that loggers working nearby cut a tree down, and it fell in the direction of the roadway.
The Lane County Sheriff’s Office and the Lane County Medical Examiner are still investigating the death.
- Man killed after tree falls during property clearing
- Downed tree damages historic property
- Oregon man killed when tree falls on excavator
- Estate of pregnant woman killed by falling tree files suit
- Fall Creek man blames Corps after property flooded
- Eugene woman almost hit by falling tree
- Oregon deputies cleared for shooting man who killed family
- Drier summers are killing Oregon's native trees
- NCU property invaded; man pepper sprayed
- Fire scorches Eugene property