HILLSBORO, Ore. --- A former Seattle man has been sentenced to more than six years in prison for sexual abuse, strangulation and other crimes against a woman in Oregon.
The Washington County District Attorney's Office says Juan Perales Jr. was sentenced this week after he was convicted in June of sexual abuse, assault constituting domestic violence, strangulation and menacing constituting domestic violence.
The attorney's office says Perales, who was living in Seattle at the time, convinced the victim on Dec. 21 to come his Beaverton hotel room where he threatened the victim with a gun when she said she wanted to end their relationship.
The attorney's office says he then pinned her to the bed and sexually assaulted her, covering her mouth and nose to stifle her screams.
She was able to escape after hotel security called the room.
- Man gets 6 years prison for sex abuse, strangulation
- Former Oregon youth coach sentenced to prison for sex abuse
- Dufur track coach sentenced to prison for sex abuse
- Former martial arts instructor gets prison for sex abuse
- Senate bill increases penalty for strangulation
- Lebanon man faces sex abuse charges
- Springfield man facing sex abuse charges
- Man faces sex abuse charges, accused of abusing 2 teens
- Salem sex offender gets 5 years in prison
- Ex-ICE agent gets 25 years for sex abuse