WESTFIR, Ore. – A 74-year-old man was found dead at Hills Creek Reservoir on Dec. 6, the Lane County Sheriff’s Office said.
Jerry Revell did not return home from a fishing trip the day before. Friends and family told authorities he fished at the reservoir nearly daily in an aluminum fishing boat.
A friend went to the Packard Creek Campground and found Revell’s 1993 Chevrolet Trailblazer but didn’t find Revell or the boat. The friend then reported him missing at about 7:30 p.m. on Thursday.
An extensive search continued through the night until 1 a.m. and picked back up a few hours later.
Deputies said Revell’s body was found in the water by search and rescue shortly after 11 a.m.
The Lane County Sheriff’s Office and the Lane County Medical Examiner’s Office are investigating the death.
- Man found dead at Hills Creek Reservoir
- Man found dead in Amazon Creek identified
- Firefighters put out grass fire on Reservoir Hill in Roseburg
- Man drowns at Fern Ridge Reservoir
- Hills Creek Fire nearly contained, officials say
- Man's body found in Creek in Oregon
- Algae blooms prompt advisory for Dorena Reservoir
- Two fires burn near Ben Irving Reservoir
- Missing Winston man found dead
- Missing Florence man found dead