VENETA, Ore. -- Officials said the man who drowned at Fern Ridge Reservoir on Sunday afternoon was Kenneth Hill, 44.
Lane County sheriff's deputies said they recieved a rescue call for Hill, his wife, and two of his children. Chief Terry Ney with Lane Fire Authority said they were located in the water near a boat by Gibson Island.
Deputies said they rescued the two children, then Hill and his wife, but Hill appeared to be unresponsive. EMS crews performed life saving attempts for about an hour but were unsuccessful.
- Man drowns at Fern Ridge Reservoir
- Fern Ridge drowning victim's fiancee speaks out
- One killed, four injured in crash on Highway 126 near Fern Ridge
- Parents outraged about handling of threat at Fern Ridge Middle School
- Algae blooms prompt advisory for Dorena Reservoir
- Two fires burn near Ben Irving Reservoir
- Man drowns at Crater Lake
- In The Garden: Tropical Bird's Nest Ferns can thrive indoors
- Sunriver man, 63, drowns in Deschutes River
- Advisories lifted at Dorena Reservoir and Upper Klamath Lake