JUNCTION CITY, Ore. -- A man is facing manslaughter charges after a fatal crash on Highway 99W near Junction City Saturday night.
Police said Salvador Mendez-Saucedo, 21, made his first appearance in court Dec. 19.
Francisco Jose Perez-Velasco, 33, of Corvallis died in the wreck.
Oregon State Police said shortly after 10 p.m., Mendez-Saucedo was driving a Honda Accord when he hit the back of a truck. According to police, Mendez-Saucedo was drunk and driving at a high speed.
His passenger Perez-Velasco was not wearing a seat belt, police said. Another passenger was wearing a seat belt and sustained minor injuries.
Police said Mendez-Saucedo was injured and taken to Riverbend Hospital in Springfield.
The driver of the truck sustained minor injuries and was not transported to the hospital.
- Man faces manslaughter charges after fatal crash near Junction City
- Tangent man facing manslaughter, assault charges
- Junction City man arrested on fugitive charges
- Police identify driver, pedestrian in fatal Junction City crash
- 2 injured in crash in Junction City
- Pedestrian killed in crash in Junction City
- Corvallis man dead, 2 injured after crash near Junction City
- Idaho man charged for kidnapping of Junction City teen
- Mother faces manslaughter, neglect charges after son's death
- Junction City man sentenced for abusing cats