PORTLAND, Ore. --- An Oregon man has been convicted of a hate crime for punching a transgender woman.
A district attorney news release says Dominick Gonzales yelled at the woman using homophobic and racial hate speech in Northwest Portland in September while she was standing in line for food and coffee.
He punched her in the face, splitting her lower lip open.
Gonzales is on probation after receiving credit for 75 days in jail.
- Man convicted of hate crime for punching transgender woman
- Man convicted of hate crimes for yelling slurs, threats
- Man convicted of Corvallis hate crime released, enrolls at Oregon State
- Man accused of hate crime after attack in Portland
- Eugene man sentenced to prison for hate crime against church
- Oregon man accused of hate-crime stabbing appears in court
- Eugene man accused of attacking motel owner in hate crime
- Man accused of punching Sizzle Pie employee
- Possible hate crime being investigated in Junction City
- Neighbors, victim react to possible hate crime in Junction City