EUGENE, Ore. – Eugene Police suspect an illegal butane hash oil lab inside a garage caused an explosion and fire Tuesday night.
Police said the man who lived in the house on Roosevelt Boulevard suffered serious burns and was taken to a Portland hospital for treatment.
The explosion happened around 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at a house at the intersection of Roosevelt Boulevard and North Seneca Road. As of Wednesday morning, officers were guarding the home which was surrounded by crime scene tape.
A neighbor said the 55-year-old man who lives in the home ran for help after the explosion, and the neighbor went next door and found a fire in the garage.
Eugene-Springfield Fire, the bomb squad, arson investigators and others responded.
The investigation is ongoing and no charges have been filed in the case at this time.