ROSEBURG, Ore. – A Roseburg man is booked in the Douglas County Jail on multiple sex crimes after what Oregon State Police called a lengthy criminal investigation.
State Police said 37-year-old Sean Michael Handlery of Roseburg was arrested on Wednesday on charges that include Rape III, Sodomy III, Sexual Abuse III, Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor, Sexual Misconduct and Luring a Minor.
Handlery’s arrest was the result of a lengthy criminal investigation, according to State Police.
According to court documents, the victim was an acquaintance of Handlery and a 15-year-old girl at the time a sexual relationship began between the two. That relationship was documented through text messages, social media, and notebooks exchanged between the two. Documents also described Handlery knowing he was committing a crime as an attorney. The sexual relationship between the two ended in February 2016 and in December 2017, the now 18-year-old girl went to Oregon State Police with information.
- Man booked on multiple sex crimes in Douglas County
- Douglas County deputies arrest Glide man accused of sex crimes
- Lebanon man arrested for sex crimes
- Winston man arrested for online sex crimes
- High-risk sex offender arrested in Douglas County
- Man killed in Douglas County logging accident
- Douglas County ends recycling services
- Gunfire exchanged in Douglas County
- Portland man gets 30 years for sex crimes
- Man guilty of sex crime running for LCC board