MEDFORD, Ore. (AP) - Authorities in Oregon have arrested a man in the death of an original member of Disney's "The Mickey Mouse Club."
Oregon State Police said 36-year-old Daniel James Burda was taken into custody Friday on charges of manslaughter, criminally negligent homicide, abuse of a corpse, criminal mistreatment and identity theft in the death of Dennis Day.
It's unknown if Burda has an attorney.
Day's husband, Ernie Caswell, first reported him missing nearly a year ago while at the hospital with memory loss.
Day's body was then found at their Phoenix, Oregon, home in April following a months-long missing person investigation.
Neighbors say Burda had lived with the elderly couple at their southern Oregon house.
Day was a founding member of the Mickey Mouse Club for two seasons in the 1950s.
- Man arrested in death of original Mouseketeer in Oregon
- Police: Body found in Oregon home confirmed to be Mouseketeer
- Man leaves original Picasso on train
- Oregon man arraigned in wife's shooting death
- Oregon man arrested in death of man near Mount St. Helens
- Oregon man arrested in 1994 Vancouver murder
- Oregon man pleads guilty in stabbing death of SUV driver
- Man gets 20 years in Oregon shovel-beating death
- Florence man looks to amend Oregon's Death with Dignity Act
- Camp Lutherwood fire likely electrical in origin, officials say