SPRINGFIELD, Ore. – A man was arrested after a police chase early Saturday morning.
Around 4:17 a.m., they said an officer tried to stop 40-year-old Timothy Wilson near the 6000 block of Main Street. Police said Wilson immediately sped up.
They said Wilson led them on a pursuit through the Thurston Hills area before going to an acquaintance’s house on South 71st Street. Police said Wilson then bailed from the vehicle. They said after that, they tased Wilson and arrested him.
Police also said an officer was surveilling Wilson’s vehicle because of recent social media posts, where he was reportedly boasting about his ability to drive around the city undetected by police, despite his lengthy record of traffic offenses.
Police said Wilson has a misdemeanor level suspension on his driver’s license, as well as an outstanding warrant due to past driving issues.
He is currently being held at the Lane County Jail and is facing charges for eluding police, reckless driving and driving while suspended.
- Man arrested after police chase in Springfield
- Police chase ends in Springfield arrest
- Salem man arrested for leading police on chase in Springfield
- Two arrested after police chase through Eugene ends in Springfield
- California fugitive arrested after police chase in Springfield
- Driver arrested after police chase through Eugene and Springfield
- Springfield police chase suspect to Eugene neighborhood
- Suspects apprehended after police chase in Springfield
- Police arrest Springfield man after armed standoff
- Police arrest man barricaded in Springfield Apartment