CORVALLIS, Ore. – A Corvallis man is accused of throwing a hatchet and baseball bat at his roommate.
Police said they were called to the 2000 block of Southwest Third Street Monday morning. The caller told them that a man was chasing someone else with a hatchet and a bat.
Officers said Steven Anderson, 46, got into an argument with his roommate, and retrieved the two weapons from his bedroom.
They said Anderson used them to threaten his roommate outside their home by waving them in the air.
Police said he then threw them at him, but narrowly missed him. The roommate was not hurt.
Officers said Anderson initially would not leave the home when they arrived, but eventually surrendered.
He was taken to the Benton County Jail on assault and weapon charges.
- Man accused of throwing hatchet at roommate in Corvallis
- Police investigating after hatchet attack in Corvallis
- Bend man accused of attacking sleeping roommate with hammer
- Man upset over bills accused of trying to suffocate roommate
- Hatchet assault suspect arrested in Junction City
- Corvallis man accused of encouraging child and animal sex abuse
- Corvallis man accused of threatening to kill neighbor with ax
- Corvallis man accused of holding acquaintance at knifepoint, demanding money
- Missing Corvallis teen located
- Man arrested after robbery outside Corvallis ATM