GREEN, Ore. – Deputies arrested a Roseburg man in connection with a shooting in the area of Highway 99 and Grant Smith Road on Sunday night.
Investigators identified Joshua Preston, 36, as the suspect and arrested him on Tuesday.
Deputies said a woman was leaving the business she works at to be picked up when she was fired at about 15 times by a person in the area. Neither the woman or the person providing her with a ride were injured.
The woman and the suspect are known to each other, the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office said.
Preston faces charges of first-degree attempted assault, felon in possession of a firearm, unlawful use of a weapon, pointing a firearm at another, recklessly endangering, second-degree criminal mischief and menacing.
Detectives had been following leads ever since gunfire was reported Sunday night. Deputies responded to a report of shots fired in the area of Lad Lane but did not locate the source of gunfire. About thirty minutes later, a caller reported their vehicle had been struck by gunfire earlier in the evening near Taco Bell.
If you have information about the incident, deputies ask that you contact detectives at 541-440-4458.
- Man accused of shooting at woman about 15 times in Green
- Oregon woman accused of shooting boyfriend
- Arizona woman accused of killing Oregon man
- Roseburg man accused of assaulting elderly woman
- Man accused of stabbing woman in Walton
- Salem woman accused of neglecting 35 cats gets jail time
- Roseburg man accused of raping woman 40 times in 3 weeks
- Eugene restaurant going green one straw at a time
- Springfield man accused of raping and strangling woman
- Woman who accused man of road rage attack pleads guilty