EUGENE, Ore. -- A Coos Bay man was formally charged with murder after being accused of killing his grandfather and trying to kill his brother.
On December 10, Coos Bay police were called out to a home on Minnesota Avenue after reports of a man lying unconscious in front of his garage.
Prosecutors said Elmer Lloyd Dennis died from multiple stab wounds to the head, neck, chest, and abdomen. They said his grandson, Christopher was also attacked but was not injured.
The suspect, 29-year-old James Jay Thomasson is also Dennis' grandson and Christopher's brother.
Police say Thomasson ran from them and was eventually tased before being taken into custody.
Thomasson was charged with murder, attempted murder, unlawful use of a weapon, and menacing. He will be back in court on December 18.
- Man accused of killing grandfather formally charged with murder
- Man formally charged with attempted murder after nail salon attack
- Hammer attack suspect formally charged with attempted murder
- Grandson suspected in grandfather's death
- Florence man accused of murdering mother
- Coos Bay man charged with murder
- Man faces murder charges in Coquille
- Springfield man charged with murdering infant
- Arizona woman accused of killing Oregon man
- Man arrested, accused of killing a swan