COTTAGE GROVE, Ore. -- After a car used to deliver mail was stolen last week, the Lane County Sheriff’s Office is asking the public to be on the lookout for unfamiliar mail vehicles or carriers.
The white Subaru Legacy used to deliver mail in a rural area in Creswell was stolen and located in Cottage Grove last week, but items were missing from the car.
Among the missing items were a postal service safety vest, two U.S. mail magnets and an amber light used on the vehicle when delivering mail.
The sheriff’s office said to be especially aware of rural mail vehicles or carriers that are not familiar and asks that you report any suspicious behavior you see.
- Mail vehicle theft leads to Lane County Sheriff's Office warning
- Lane County Sheriff's Office hosts hiring event
- Lane County Sheriff's Office plans K-9 fundraiser
- Lane County Sheriff's Office locates missing hiker
- Eugene nonprofit falls victim to mail theft
- Lane sheriff’s office plans saturation patrols
- Phone scammer claims to be with Lane County Sheriff's Office
- Lane County Sheriff’s Office Opens Fifty Additional Jail Beds
- Lane County Sheriff’s Office adds 50 beds to jail
- Lane County Sheriff's Office deputy accused of rape.