SPRINGFIELD, Ore. – A semi headed west on Highway 126 lost some of its load Monday morning.
The lumber truck slowed down for a disabled vehicle between the 42nd Street and Mohawk exits at about 6:45 a.m.
The load shifted forward, damaging the cab and crushing the exhaust pipes. Some of the load spread onto the highway. The tie downs that secured the load broke.
No other cars were damaged, and the driver was all right.
The semi was unloaded, and the load was hauled off by a different semi. The damaged semi was towed.
For several hours afterward, the highway was down to one westbound lane.
- Lumber spill on Highway 126 closes lane
- Crash near Walton closes Highway 126
- Highway 126 closed after multiple collisions
- Wreck on Hwy. 126 closes highway, injures 3
- Police: Fatal crash closes Highway 126 for hours
- Man killed in crash on Highway 126
- One killed in crash on Highway 126
- Couple faces charges after crash on Highway 126
- Springfield woman dies after crash on Highway 126
- Highway 126 back open after propane truck crash