Photo Gallery 1 Images
COOS COUNTY, Ore. -- The Bureau of Land Management announced Tuesday that their Loon Lake recreation site will not be opening for the 2019 summer season due to damage from February’s snowstorm.
The BLM said the closure includes the main campground, day-use facilities and boat ramp.
“Without water and sanitary services at this high-use area, the BLM cannot provide a safe or quality experience at the recreation area this summer,” Coos Bay District Manager Kathy Westenskow-Davis said.
BLM officials did confirm that the East Shore Campground, located one mile down the road from the Loon Lake recreation site, will open May 23.
Officials said full refunds will be available for those who made camping reservations for Loon Lake recreation site.
Click here for more information.
- BLM won't open Loon Lake recreation site this summer
- Roseburg BLM holds an open house for Swiftwater Park
- BLM moves up controlled burn at viewing area
- Environmental groups sue BLM to stop Springfield logging project
- Recreational use health advisory re-issued for Upper Klamath Lake
- NASA recreates Apollo control room
- Eugene recreational services hosts adaptive bike demo
- This Site's Terms of Service
- North Entrance Road Opens at Crater Lake National Park
- Crater Lake access road opens; 2 campsites close down