AZALEA, Ore. – A dog and truck belonging to a missing man has been found in Douglas County.
Terry Lee Dodds, 79, left his home on Alazlea Glen Road in Glendale on Dec. 8, at about 8 p.m. Douglas County Sheriff's Office deputies believed he was traveling with his dog and could be headed to California.
On Thursday, Dec. 20, deputies were told Dodds’ dog had been found by loggers. The loggers took the dog to Dodds’ residence, unaware he had been reported missing.
Dodds’ family relayed the information to authorities. Search deputies and volunteers were sent to the area where the dog had been found and a short time later Dodds’ truck was found in an area near Wildcat Road off of Eakin Road.
Deputies say it appears the truck slid off the road and into a ditch. Dodds was not in or around the vehicle and crews are searching the area for him.
- Loggers find dog belonging to missing Azalea man
- OSP: Winston man crashes twice during police pursuit in Azalea
- UPDATE: Two Oregon loggers dead after separate accidents minutes apart
- Coast Guard rescues logger who fell 60 feet near Mapleton
- Truckers, loggers push back on Oregon's climate proposals
- Families Belong Together rally comes to Eugene
- Community members rally to say that 'Families Belong Together'
- Sutherlin police seek public's help finding missing man
- Springfield police seek public's help finding missing man
- Owner searches for missing therapy dog