A local woman did her part to help both people and animals in need on Black Friday.
We first introduced you to Marci Ann Yantz last week. For the past three years, she has been seizing up the Black Friday blanket deals to give to animal rescues, CASA, The Eugene Mission, and Sacred Heart. This year, she sent out a call to action hoping to collect 550 blankets.
We caught up with Marci Ann last week in Eugene to see if she met her goals.
"It took off. We purchased 1,167 blankets. I do have some people who are out shopping today and those totals will be included in our total." Yantz said.
She said she expects those additional blanket to bring her total up to more than 1300 blankets. She said she couldn't do all of this without the support of Bi-Mart, social media, and of course you, the viewers.
- Local woman shops for those in need on Black Friday
- Local woman uses Black Friday deals to help less fortunate
- Watch out for these Black Friday shopping scams
- Black Friday broke shopping records, but not at stores
- Local CBD shops happy about CVS hopping on the bandwagon
- Walmart is changing the way is handles Black Friday
- Too soon for Black Friday? Sales starting today
- Shoppers line up for Black Friday deals in Springfield
- Black Friday online sales hit record $7.4 billion
- Missing Springfield woman, 95, found Friday morning