EUGENE, Ore.-- The Northpark Community Church is looking for about 100 volunteers to help pack meals for children who don't have enough food to eat.
It's all part of a program the church is involved in, called Generosity Feeds.
Volunteers will gather on Saturday, April 28th at 10 a.m. to pack more than 12,000 meals in about two hours. It'll happen at Bertha Holt Elementary School. Then, the meals will be given to children in Eugene and Springfield.
KEZI 9 News met with Pastor Aaron Box. "We're around 50, 53 percent of all our K-12 kids in Lane County depend on our school system for their breakfast and lunch. We believe it's pretty easy when people come together to make direct impact," he said.
Organizers are asking volunteers to register so they know how many people to expect.
You can sign up here.
- Local church needs volunteers to help feed hungry children
- The Shepherd's Table feeds the hungry
- Community members pack more than 10,000 meals for hungry children
- Dutch Bros holds Valentine's Day fundraiser to help feed the hungry
- Volunteers make 50 beds for Lane County children in need
- Local church hosts community Christmas light show
- Burrito Brigade seeking volunteers
- Local emergency shelter for homeless in need of volunteers
- Local churches address security concerns following Texas mass shooting
- Local Church reacts to Texas tragedy: "Your heart just breaks"