EUGENE, Ore. -- Dozens of businesses are preparing for Valentine’s Day across Western Oregon.
For Euphoria Chocolate Company in Eugene, this is one of the busiest times of the year.
The co-owner of the company, Bonnie Glass, said preparations for the special day begin in December.
Glass said that is when they make chocolate hearts and valentine themed items. She said one of the things they love most is sharing the delight with their customers.
“All of the foods that you’ve loved growing up or the things that have some kind of meaning or a memory for you that are related to food it’s usually something that’s made with love,” she said. “Frankly that’s a little bit of what happens in our factory, it’s made with a lot of love and care and we really appreciate our customers.”
Glass said some of their popular favorites include their dark and extreme dark classic truffles. She said during this time of year they also have the strawberry champagne and cherry jubilee flavors.
Laura Geric is one of their customers. She said she is loves buying chocolate from them.
“I like dark chocolate the best and I love it because after a really long day it just tastes good,” she said. “I really like the way it melts in your mouth, I really enjoy eating chocolate.”
If you are planning on gifting some chocolates to your loved ones this Valentine’s Day, she said they will be taking orders in-store and online.
- Businesses prepare for Valentine's Day
- Businesses prepare for the Eugene Marathon
- Bethel School District aims to make Valentine's Day celebrations all-inclusive
- Preparing for tax filing
- Albany's water and boat safety day prepares residents for summer
- Golfers prepare for charity marathon -- 100 holes in 1 day
- Flames engulf Florence business
- Drivers prepare for icy roads
- Preparing for the Big One
- Crews prepare for fire season