ALBANY, Ore. -- A Linn County inmate died in an apparent suicide Thursday night, Sheriff Jim Yon said.
Joseph Hadley, 46, of Albany was found dead alone in his cell at about 11:30 p.m. Deputies began CPR and called for medics. The Albany Fire Department responded but attempts to save his life were unsuccessful, Yon said.
The Marion County Sheriff’s Office is conducting an investigating with the Linn County Medical Examiner’s Office.
Hadley was in custody for numerous drug charges, felon in possession of restricted weapons and two holds for Marion County, Yon said.
- Linn County inmate dies in apparent suicide
- Fire destroys Linn County home
- Police identify couple in apparent murder-suicide
- 64-year-old man dies in Linn County crash
- Motorcyclist killed in Linn County crash
- Detectives investigate suspicious death in Linn County
- Linn County deputies investigate suspicious death
- Deputies investigating fatal crash in Linn County.
- Linn County man discovered after disappearing
- Linn County Deputies investigate school shooting threat