Photo Gallery 2 Images
LINN COUNTY, Ore. -- KEZI 9 News has learned that two people have died in a two-vehicle crash in Linn County.
Officials initially reported that one person died and another was sent to the hospital with unknown injuries after a crash near Albany on Monday.
Investigators said Carol Sue Torstrom, 66, was driving a Jeep Wrangler westbound on Kamph Drive. They said she slowed down to turned into a driveway when she was struck from behind by a Ford F-150 pickup driven by Andrew Stevens Lindquist, 33.
Investigators found out that Lindquist saw the Jeep ahead of him but anticipated it would turn into the driveway. They said he continued driving and ended up hitting the Jeep, flipping it onto its top and landing in a ditch.
Torstrom and her passenger Diane Ellen Roth, 74, were killed in the crash.
Deputies said there is no indication that alcohol was a factor. They are still investigating.
- Linn County crash takes lives of two women
- Motorcyclist killed in Linn County crash
- Deputies investigating fatal crash in Linn County.
- Crash kills driver in Linn County
- Linn County crash kills mother and child
- Fire destroys Linn County home
- 64-year-old man dies in Linn County crash
- Detectives investigate suspicious death in Linn County
- Linn County deputies investigate suspicious death
- Linn County man discovered after disappearing