LINN COUNTY, Ore. – Additional strike teams from Oregon were deployed to the Southern California Wildfires Tuesday.
The State of California requested Linn County to send 22 firefighters. Nine from Albany Fire Department are headed to Chino, California.
Albany Fire personnel and resources from Lebanon, Sweet Home, Tangent, and Scio Fire Departments were also deployed.
Philomath Fire responded from Benton County with two engines and six firefighters.
A total of ten Oregon Strike Teams were sent to California. Firefighters were sent from Lane, Multnomah, Washington, Linn, Marion, Clackamas, Klamath, Yamhill, and a combined team from Polk, Linn, and Benton counties. A team from the Rogue Valley area also left for California.
The length of deployment is unknown at this time.
- Linn County strike teams sent to Southern California
- 2nd Lane County Strike Team departs for Southern California
- Lane County strike team headed to California
- Lane County Strike Team returns from California
- Fire destroys Linn County home
- Toddler drowns in Linn County
- Oregon Strike Teams help with California wildfire
- Oregon strike teams help with California fires
- Motorcyclist killed in Linn County crash
- Detectives investigate suspicious death in Linn County