LEBANON, Ore. – A Lebanon man was arrested on Monday following an investigation into reports he intentionally hurt his 5-week-old son.
Police said Jesse Christensen, 19, faces charges of third-degree assault and first-degree criminal mistreatment. He was arrested at a home in Lebanon a day after the incident was reported.
The child was taken to Randall Children’s Hospital for treatment and evaluation, police said. His injuries are not life threatening, but specialists were running tests to make sure there were no additional injuries.
Christensen was taken to the Linn County Jail. The department has had no prior contacts with him, police said. Detectives are not aware of any other potential victims at this time.
The investigation is ongoing.
If you have information, contact Detective Chris Miner of the Lebanon Police Department at 541-258-4314.
- Lebanon man accused of hurting 5-week-old son
- Lebanon man accused of child sex abuse
- Lebanon man accused of assaulting another man at bar
- Lebanon man killed in crash
- Man accused of stealing cash register till from Lebanon cafe
- Lebanon man accused of threatening Oregon Lottery headquarters
- Lebanon man accused of Oregon Lottery threat apologizes
- Albany man accused of stealing from two Lebanon businesses
- Lebanon city manager resigns
- Lebanon man faces sex abuse charges