LEBANON, Ore. -- A new fire chief has been hired in Lebanon, the Lebanon Fire District said.
Starting Dec. 1, Joseph Rodondi will take over as chief.
Rodondi will replace Chief Gordon Sletmoe, who retired last May and will stay with the fire district through Rodondi’s transition into the position.
“I consider it a privilege to serve an organization of dedicated staff that places a high value on providing outstanding customer service," Rodondi said. "My family and I have found Lebanon to be warm and welcoming. We look forward to being part of such a wonderful community.”
Rodondi has 30 years of experience in fire service, and he was chosen from a pool of 24 applicants.
- Lebanon hires new fire chief
- Lebanon Fire District swears in new fire chief
- Eugene hires interim police chief
- Fire guts Lebanon convenience store
- Fire destroys home in Lebanon
- Lebanon family escapes house fire
- Fire crews extinguish grass fire near Lebanon
- Lebanon city manager resigns
- Lebanon firefighters rescue dog, extinguish house fire
- House fire under investigation in Lebanon